Monday, June 23, 2008

Spiders... I hate spiders...

I am going to write a few separate blogs today... I wanted to write them earlier this weekend but with all that has been going on I haven't really had a chance to do that. So the first one will be about spiders...

I know, I know... I am writing about something that I am really really afraid of, and that probably doesn't make any sense, but I just had to write about this.

So Justin & I were cleaning up for when DaNay got here. He opened the closet to get something and I was in the kitchen. All of the sudden he tells me to not to move. Well, 99.9% of the time when he says that he is trying to tell me that there is a spider without telling me that there is a spider. So I know he sees a spider and I freak out. I grabbed a paper towel and threw it at him so he could kill it. He said that he would need A LOT more and to just throw him the whole roll. So I did, and was confused since he never needs the whole roll to kill a spider. He told me that he thought it was a small tarantula, and my response to that was that I knew he wouldn't be able to squish a tarantula even if he had a whole roll of paper towels. Not unless he wanted to ruin the carpet and be able to feel it crunch... Then he has the idea of maybe sucking it up in the vacuum. I run in and jump on the couch, so I can make sure it doesn't escape. Well, it feel down into one of the boxes that was in our closet so Justin had to examine every shoe that was in the closet and everything in the boxes so we could get it. Meanwhile, I was still making sure that it wasn't making a getaway... We finally find it underneath his skateboard and it darts out into the open and just stops. That's when we realized that it wasn't a tarantula, it was a SAND DOLLAR SIZED BROWN RECLUSE!

Now a few days before this, I saw a sand dollar sized spider when I got home from work, screamed bloody murder, and almost ran back into my car and locked myself inside till Justin came out. I tried calling him to get him to come out since it was blocking my way to the door, but he was making breaded pork chops and his hand were covered in everything so he didn't answer. Finally the spider ran into the rocks and I ran into the house crying... Anywho, I am hoping that it was the same spider so that I don't randomly encounter another huge spider!

So back to the brown recluse... It is just sitting there and Justin tries to get it with a metal pole thing, but it darts and I am freaking out. Justin tells me to go into the other room so I book it into the bedroom and jump on the bed. At this point I am in tears and then he tells me to come back into the room. I guess that it had ran underneath the couch and Justin wanted me to watch the edge of the couch so I could let him know if it tries to run away. Then Justin decides he is going to flip the couch over so he can see it. The second he does that, the spider runs the wrong way and the edge of the couch with the wood catches a few of his legs, so it can't move unless they are broken off. So now that the spider can't move he gets the pole and gets it. I didn't believe that it was dead so I told him to take it outside to make sure that it was dead.

So yeah, I am really scared of them!

1 comment:

Mickey said...

Nice.I do hate spiders to but theres gone in a flash alot because my puppy Denali eats bugs which grosses me out!