Tuesday, December 23, 2008

surprise

Yesterday Judy went up to Phoenix for her follow-up appt. It went well, and they said that she will need to go in for her second surgery on January 6th for her left leg, and then after she recovers from that they will do surgery on her abdomen. No fun... They don't have a date for the abdomen surgery yet, I think most of it will depend on how quickly she recovers from the one on her leg.

Anywho, Justin and Judy got back to Tucson around the same time that I was getting off work, but they had to run a few errands... I had to finish my Christmas shopping too, so it worked out well. Judy started feeling sick so Justin took her home and then ran out to get a few more things.

When I got home, Justin opened the door and told me that he would have to guide me through the house with my eyes closed since he didn't get a chance to put everything away yet. I hadn't been feeling well so I just sat on the bed and tried to feel better. After a while he came in and told me that I could go out if I needed to, so I grabbed my shoes and purse so I could put them away, and opened the door. I noticed that half of the entertainment center was missing and that we had a new TV! I was shocked... I was upset at first since we had already talked about it and how we didn't have the money for one. He gets a raise in January so he didn't seem concerned about the money at all... He refuses to use it towards my Christmas money, so that's an extra hundred dollars that we weren't planning on around Christmas. He had only spent $100 on it since the student he bought it from was moving back home and had to get rid of it fast. It's a nice TV though, and he got a good deal on it.

He wanted to surprise me with it, and well, it worked. I was very, very, surprised.

No comments: