Tuesday, December 16, 2008

kidney stones... good grief!

So in my last post I mentioned that Justin's surgery is this Thursday for his kidney stones. Well, he went in for his pre-op appt yesterday thinking it was just going to be paperwork and whatnot, and they send him to Radiology Limited to get an x-ray. After he gets there they tell him he needs a catscan and then they were going to make him go to Oro Valley for this. He has already missed a lot of work for this and they want him to go waaay out of his way for a catscan that could easily be done right there where he is at? Doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, he tells them that they would have to just do it at a later time because they had just wasted his time and they won't be able to get him in until December 29th for that.

This means that I had to change my time-off... Again. (Originally I had te entire week of Christmas off, but since Justin couldn't get that whole week off I switched it to Thursday and Friday of this week so we could have time off together, and then it turned into surgery dates.) Margaret doesn't really like it when we change time-off and I feel really bad, but I tell her what is going on and that the soonest he would be able to go in for surgery would be January 8th. She let me switch my days off so I would work the rest of this week and be off January 8th and 9th. Those are the last days I can use this comp time before the next semester starts.

We crossed our fingers in hoping that those dates would work out for the surgery, and it turns out that his doctor will be on vacation that entire week. So now I am stuck with two days off that I would prefer to be earlier on so that I can finish getting the house ready for the holidays. The next available appt will be the the 22nd of January since they are already booked the 15th. So the soonest he will be able to be seen would be the 22nd of January and I feel horrible since I don't want him to have to wait that long.

I talked to Margaret again to let her know that the plan has once again changed and that I will no longer be off for his surgery those two days and she tells me to change my schedule back to being off this Thursday and Friday since I have to take the time off or else it will just be time wasted. This means that I will have to dig into my sick time when he actually goes in for his surgery...

Now the question remains... When is this surgery going to happen?

Good Grief!!!

1 comment:

familywithfivekids said...

So good to see your updates! It was really interesting to read about your previous home - wow - it was bad for you huh! I am amazed. We miss you so much! I hope your new ward is welcoming.